Michael Plant

>>> Um, no unkindness intended... it's just the thought of a tea

> scientist.
>>> Are there tea colleges? Would there be a different course of study

> for
>>> Indian tea? <JK>
>>>
>>> I'm easily amused, does that make me insensitive?

>> No, my friend. 'Twas a joke, alas. I thought you were being sarcastic

> and
>> facetious, at least I had hoped you were being.

> Maybe, a little. ;-)
>
>> I'm sorry to have to report that there are indeed tea colleges and

> courses
>> of study for the agriculture and production of tea in various places,

> among
>> them Japan, India, and China. (I'm not positive about India, but I've

> read
>> some pretty sophisticated papers from India on tea production, so I

> guess
>> so.)

> Well, how about that then; tea colleges, and Indian, Chinese and
> Japanese tea colleges! Please, excuse my mistakes, they enable me to
> learn.
>
> -elgoog
>
> "Mistakes are the portals of discovery." -- James Joyce

Sorry if I offended you. I certainly didn't mean to. BTW, Joyce is my number
one favorite author. Some say FW is a big mistake, but I think not. On the
topic at hand, I was trying to say that it is better to experience the tea
than to learn about it in an academic environment. But, I'm steeped myself
somewhat in academics, and I respect education. I'm just playing with words,
not necessarily appropriately. Sorry, again.

Michael