D. Gerasimatos

In article >,
Tom S > wrote:
>"D. Gerasimatos" > wrote in message
>> Sounds weird to have white wine with veal. I usually have something
>> like syrah with osso buco. Isn't it too greasy for a white?!

>IMO Syrah is too heavy to accompany osso buco. Likewise Cabernet. If you
>insist on a red, I think Chianti/Sangiovese or Burgundy/Pinot Noir would be
>more appropriate. Possibly a Valpolicella (to bring this back on topic).
>Veal is more delicate than beef and the wine shouldn't stomp all over the
>meat.

Well, different strokes for different folks. The last time I had osso buco
I had a Darioush syrah and I think it went well. I cannot imagine having a
white wine with that dish. I did have some champagne (1988 Krug) with that
dish and overall I think white is a mistake, IMO. This is coming from a
person who loves white wines.

Dimitri