Repeating Rifle

in article
,
Samartha Deva at
wrote on 3/26/05 7:36
PM:

> I think you get this wrong.
>
> He uses the old container with remains to grow the starter for the next
> batch.
>
> I think he described it before what amounts he uses - probably in the
> cup or multiples thereof range.
>

>> I have to make refreshers of two cups or more, and then put half of that (at
>> least a cup plus refresher of another cup of flour and water) away in the
>> fridge!
>>
>> How does one make a loaf of bread without extra yeast with only a tablespoon
>> of starter?

That indeed is what I do. The starter clinging to the container is all I use
to get the next batch of starter going. By having a lot of starter still
fermenting, the leavening time is greatly reduced compared to using only a
few tablespoons of startre that has been out of the fridge for 24 hours or
more.