Old 27-03-2005, 05:39 AM
Repeating Rifle

in article
,
Samartha Deva at
wrote on 3/26/05 7:36
PM:

I think you get this wrong.

He uses the old container with remains to grow the starter for the next
batch.

I think he described it before what amounts he uses - probably in the
cup or multiples thereof range.

I have to make refreshers of two cups or more, and then put half of that (at
least a cup plus refresher of another cup of flour and water) away in the
fridge!

How does one make a loaf of bread without extra yeast with only a tablespoon
of starter?

That indeed is what I do. The starter clinging to the container is all I use
to get the next batch of starter going. By having a lot of starter still
fermenting, the leavening time is greatly reduced compared to using only a
few tablespoons of startre that has been out of the fridge for 24 hours or
more.
Only with multiple refreshments or an extra long rising time.

No need to freak.

Samartha