Steve Hehr

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 16:29:36 GMT, MikeD > wrote:

>ALDI Stores USA is now stocking Burlwood Cellars wines. These are
>produced buy E&J Gallo for the Hotel and Restaurant industry.
>
>I've not tried them yet, but ALDI has five varietals: Cabernet
>Sauvignon, Merlot, White Zinfandel, Sauvignon Blanc, and Chardonnay, all
>at $5.99 per bottle. I picked up a bottle of 2003 Merlot and 2003
>Sauvignon Blanc to review for the web site, and was curious if anyone
>has ever tried these before?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Mike

I first had a glass of the Burlwood Merlot several years ago at a
local German restaurant, and liked it quite a bit. When Aldi's opened
nearby last year, I bought some and was less impressed (I'm not saying
the wine wasn't necessarily as good, maybe my preference just changed
in the interim). For an inexpensive Merlot, I currently really like
the ForestVille, which was recommended by someone else in this
newsgroup.

--
Steve Hehr

To send me email, replace the "OUT" in my address with its opposite.