Barry Bean wrote:
> Given the relatively simple function of a sharpening steel, is it

worth
> spending the $$$ to get a high end model? Are there real differences
> between steel, ceramic, and diamond coated steel?

I bought the Edge Pro sharpener recently, and my knives have never been
so amazingly sharp. There's really a difference when you can restore
the 18 degree angle. I used to use a Chef's Choice 3-slot diamond
sharpener, but it never worked the edge back to factory sharpness.
Since my knives were so damn dull (hadn't been sharpened in >1 yr, and
I used them 2-3x a week... yeah, I know...), it took me an hour on
each one to really bring them back to a good edge - but it was totally
worth it! With the sharpener, I bought the ceramic steel. From
everything I read, if your blade is very sharp, a regular metal steel
may dull the edge.

FWIW (nayy), you can get more info on Edge Pro he
http://edgeproinc.com/

I bought mine from he
http://www.bronksknifeworks.com/Edge...sharpeners.htm

June