Michael Plant

3/23/05

> One last thing:
>
>> TGY has been proved that it contains the most variety of aromas. That

>> explains the various fragrances in TGY, especially when it is brewed

> in
>> low to medium temperature.

> I have to vastly disagree with this point. It's as hot as possible
> when it comes to TGY; thus, the point of the yixing pots' ability to
> retain heat. I've made the mistake of brewing TGY at a lower temp and
> I didn't get much of a scent at all from that brewing and nearly ruined
> the batch.

Mydnight,

Vast as your disagreement may be, I think it depends on the way the TGY is
produced, the degree of roasting, the brew vessel chosen, and so on. In some
cases -- certainly not in *all* cases -- a lower temperature can enhance the
aroma and flavor of TGY. Just my opinion and experience.

Michael