-L.

Petey the Wonder Dog wrote:

> Starting out, you need the LEAST amount of investment possible.
>
> When you start to make money and establish a product or products,

then
> go for it.

/delurk. Ok, so how does one go about doing this initially? Baking
for friends and/or selling goodies under the table to establish a
client base? Or should I contract out a small batch of product and
peddle it to retailers?

> It cost me $135,000.00 to get started. I'm into it for two years and

am
> just starting to make money. That's pretty normal for a
> bakery/restaurnat.

Pardon my ignorance (I'm new to the group) but what kind of business do
you have?

> I almost got killed by the Adkins idiocy, and by some wildly

fluctuating
> flour and egg prices.

Has the Adkins wave subsided at all for you? Or did you have to alter
recipes to come up with low-carb alternatives?

> Assume the smallest risk possible, test your product wholesale and
> retail and chase your dream.
>
> Read about how Famous Amos got his start. Then go to the Small

Business
> Development Center in your area with your business plan.

Thanks for posting your experience. I, too, am thinking of starting a
baking business (cakes, cookies) because so many people tell me I
should.

-L.