Petey the Wonder Dog

Far as I can tell, someone wrote:
>Unless you have a bekery in your area that does commercial contract
>baking I would try to find a commercial kitchen for rent.
>
>Schools, fire stations, VFW, etc all have commercial kitchens which
>they may make available to you.

The crux of the problem is one of cost and government code.

If I ran a school kitchen, firehouse kitchen, VFW or whatever, I would
not let anyone come in and bake for a commercial product that's intended
to sell. There are liability issues.

In my business, I sometimes bake by request, and I have no interest in
"stealing" a recipe.

If you come to my shop and say... "I'd like to pay you to bake a product
for me, and only for me, and it may make me a fair amount of money," I'd
be happy to "contract bake" for you. I'd agree in the contract not to
use your recipe except as you direct. I get to ensure that the product
is safe for the public to consume and make a bit of profit as well.

But if you want use my oven and tools, it ain't gonna happen. Period.

There is just too much at risk. You screw up, I get sued. Or you break
my equipment, or burn yourself, or whatever. Anyone would be nuts to
let you do it.

Starting out, you need the LEAST amount of investment possible.

When you start to make money and establish a product or products, then
go for it.

It cost me $135,000.00 to get started. I'm into it for two years and am
just starting to make money. That's pretty normal for a
bakery/restaurnat.

I almost got killed by the Adkins idiocy, and by some wildly fluctuating
flour and egg prices.

Assume the smallest risk possible, test your product wholesale and
retail and chase your dream.

Read about how Famous Amos got his start. Then go to the Small Business
Development Center in your area with your business plan.