aem

Bob wrote:
> [snip] Fortunately, I had a jar of
> Trader Joe's Thai Green Chile simmer sauce.

One of their many simmer sauces. Everyone will have their favorite,
but your technique will work with all of them.

> When it was hot, I added some chunked-up country-style ribs and
> browned them over medium-high heat. [snip]

This is my favorite cut of meat to use with these sauces, too.
Substantial, with some taste and texture of its own, and can be cooked
anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour, giving you maximum flexibility.
Other folks like boneless chicken breasts, but you wouldn't want to
cook them very long.

[snip]
> Fifteen minutes later, I took the pork and baby corn back out of the
> pan, raised the heat to high, and concentrated the sauce to a thick
> gravy-like consistency. [snip the rest]

Good move. I do that with the masala sauce, which is relatively mild,
and find that it helps it a lot.

-aem