Bob

Default Trader Joe comes through again

I slept longer than I intended, and when I woke up, I only had about half an
hour to make dinner to take to work with me. Fortunately, I had a jar of
Trader Joe's Thai Green Chile simmer sauce. I fired up the rice cooker with
jasmine rice and water, then heated a wee bit of olive oil in a wide
"everyday" pan (see www.winsorsales.com/b00006fx83.html for a picture of the
pan). When it was hot, I added some chunked-up country-style ribs and
browned them over medium-high heat. (This was a good opportunity to
practice that "it'll release from the pan when it's ready" technique.)

When the pork was nicely browned, I took it out of the pan, deglazed with
about a third of a cup of water, added that simmer sauce, then put the pork
back into the pan along with a can of baby corn. Lowered the heat to a
simmer, covered the pan, then got ready for work.

Fifteen minutes later, I took the pork and baby corn back out of the pan,
raised the heat to high, and concentrated the sauce to a thick gravy-like
consistency. The sauce was done when the rice was done, so I turned the heat
off, returned the pork and baby corn to the sauce, loaded up a plastic
container with rice and the pork stuff, then put the rest into the fridge
and headed off to work.

Boy howdy, is that stuff good. I could have eaten *twice* as much as I
brought with me. My coworkers have been wandering into the vicinity of my
office, drawn like sharks to blood in the water.

It's spicier than I expected. I've got an extremely high tolerance for spicy
foods; there have been occasions when my girlfriend finds something too
spicy, and I don't even detect *any* heat. But this has a bit of heat to it;
a restaurant would probably rank it as three chiles out of ten.

Bob