Steve Pope

Food For Thought > wrote:

>>Dreamfields pasta is low carb

>So they say. I've had it. It's not bad, but there's a definite
>difference in texture. They use a food gum in it. And...it does spike
>insulin in some people, so the jury's still out on just how low carb it
>is.

Many such products are made from wheat that has been fractionated,
with the smaller starch molecules then combined into larger,
cellulose-like fibers. They do not have to reveal this chemical
process on the label.

You're better of just using whole wheat pasta (which has improved,
Trader Joe's whole wheat penne is not bad), or if you prefer
spelt or kamut pasta from a natural foods store.

Steve