Petey the Wonder Dog

Far as I can tell, someone wrote:
>One approach, I thought I could try is to make some at home myself and take
>them round to supermarkets and see if I can clinch some orders.

A nice idea, but more than likely, totally illegal.

Virtually all state health departments make it against the law to
prepare foods at home for commercial purposes. You can bake for a bake
sale at the school, but your equipment and processes must meet state
codes for commercial sale. Then you have to get into resale tax
certificates, because the stores will not want to pay sales tax to you.
Then you have to have a license. Then you have to get a permit from the
government which proves your county building office has inspected your
premesis to show thqat your equipement, elctricity etc is up to code,
which it isn't, 'cause it's not designed and built for commercial use.
It goes on... as it should to protect the health of the buying public.
(Which is certainly not to say that all bakeries and restaurnats are
clean... but that's another topic.)

I suggest you try to talk a retail baker into baking for you.

There's no way in the world I would let a stranger/non-employee of mine
bake and/or use my facilities. The risk is FAR too high. No matter
what happens, should something go wrong, I would get sued.

You poison a customer, I get sued.
You burn yourself, I get sued.
Since you don't have any formal training, you couldn't even sign a
waiver in case you hurt yourself. The government does not recognize
your ability to protect yourself without food-handling training and
safety training.

It's a very tough world out there.