Patrick Porter

Default Ganache for truffles

Thanks Rocky---

I think I tried Ghirardelli last year and the truffles never came
together at all---don't know why. Same method, etc. But Dove Promises
worked fine (although I had to unwrap all those little pieces, but I
didn't mind).

I left a bunch of these truffles buried in cocoa powder overnight at
room temperatu apparently the cocoa solids and the butters in the
chocolate unite with the dry cocoa to make a thin envelope, just strong
enough to hold the chocolate together; they can't be jostled too much,
but they they hold their shape---and still melty soft, very smooth.

I don't know about mailing it: maybe these are meant to be experienced
live. I think I will try to add maybe 25% more chocolate to the next
group as an experiment.

Thanks!

phbp