Patrick Porter

Default Ganache for truffles

I made a batch of truffles using a simple ganache method, and they
turned out well. It was equal parts Dove chocolate and heavy whipping
cream and a couple of tablespoons unsalted butter. I heated the cream to
boling, added the chocolate, turned off the heat, allowed to sit then
stirred to combine. I left it out unrefrigerated overnight and in the
morning the ganache was thick, smooth, really delicious.

One small issue: the ganache was almost too thin to form into truffles.
I refrigerated it and it stiffened up nicely so I could make the
truffles and toss them into cocoa---but they get soft very easily and
must be refrigerated (even in the freezer) until use.

I wonder if I added more Dove chocolate at the beginning, if this would
help---maybe 25% more than the cream? Any ideas?

The truffles are really light and melty, superior to my old method, but
may be hard to send to family in the mail, for example.

Thanks for any comment---

phbp