Raymond

Default Had I Been Ripped-off Or What?

Hi
Is there such a thing as lousy expensive wine? Almost everyone shuns mildly
sweet Riesling, particularly the sophisticated drinkers. I'd come across
statements like "Those candy coated German plonks", " These wines will not
sell...they are sweet". Sweet Rieslings are for oddballs like me who pays
$55 for a J.J. Prüm Kabinett where a Hugel Riesling costs a mere $30 and
it's FRENCH.... the World's most renown wine producer. Twenty-Five bucks
went to the precious sugar. Perhaps wine merchants have gone nuts putting
such price tags on those unpopular sugar water. Is it true, experienced
drinkers can detect subtle sweetness even the r.s. level is below 5gms/l?. I
would rather think the wine smells friuty but not sweet unless honey is
added.

Regards
Ray