aem

Meridith Merck wrote:
> I'm looking for a "healthy pasta". You know, one with added
> nutrition. [snip]

Why, for god's sake? If you need nutrients that aren't supplied by
semolina flour, then eat some other foods. There is nothing whatsoever
unhealthy about pasta to begin with. If you have a wheat allergy,
don't eat it. Otherwise, what's the problem?

Most of the dried pasta available in supermarkets (US, anyway) is
"enriched" macaroni product. Meaning it has been sprayed with a
liquefied vitamin mixture, the same way 'they' decided to do decades
ago with rice. A package from my cupboard says niacin, iron, B
vitamins and folic acid.

Why, here or with rice, I have no clue. Maybe they are trying for what
you call "healthy pasta". In that case, your quest is already
achieved. Of course, all those sprayed-on vitamins might boil away
into the pasta cooking water, making the whole exercise pretty stupid.
But I don't know, and who cares, anyway? Ignorant and apathetic, when
it comes to so-called 'healthy' and so-called 'enriched' foods, that's
me.

-aem