Draegus

I've owned a chargriller for several years and I love it. I bought the pro
griller with the side smoke box and shelves, and have added a rotisserie and
warming plate on top of the smoke box. The grates are made of iron, so they
need to be blackened like an iron pan and kept that way (vegatable oil works
great). I haven't had any problems with rust on the body itself, and I keep
it outside in northwest Florida! As far as keeping the grill under 400
degrees, I haven't ever paid attention to that. Most of my barbeque is done
around 350 or colder, but I'm sure I've hit 400 and haven't noticed any
problems. I've use it for everything from pork butts and Christmas hams to
smoked cheese. For the price, I think it beats the wsm that it replaced. (I
expect flaming here.)
Good Luck
Draegus