Dave

"JD" > wrote in message
news:yXZXd.43491$uc.39507@trnddc01...

> "Dave" > wrote in message
> nk.net...
>> After years of owning/running a real estate business I've come to the
>> conclusion that do the whims of the business cycle that it would be a
>> prudent idea to have a secondary income stream.

> I'm in the real estate business too and I love downturns in the business
> cycle. You see, when real estate cools off the mediocre brokers drop out
> like flies and and the remaining clientele gets spread out over a smaller
> pool of real estate professionals. The strong not only survive but
> prosper. If you can't make a real estate business work in slow times
> whatever gives you the idea that you can be successful in the food biz.
> That said, your chances of making a catering business fly are much better
> than with a sit-down restaurant. I can't believe your business policy
> agent doesn't *do food*. I don't know anything about how Colorado law
> affects business but with the vast majority of small businesses being of a
> food nature, I'd say you should shop for a new agent.
>
> JD

JD,
It isn't that we aren't prospering, as we are the dominant company in our
little neck of the woods and are growing every year. In no way are "folding"
but be honest I've lost some of my vim&vigor for the biz and wish to turn
over the day to day responsibilities to my wife/partner/co-owner. Our
business policy is through Williams Underwriting and they don't offer
policies for catering businesses, but would for a sit-down restaurant.
DT