Dimitri

"Kilikini" > wrote in message
m...
> My hubby wants stuffed peppers. Okay. We got the peppers, lots of
> peppers! (Swap meet) What do you put in them? I did a google and ideas
> are rice, ground beef, tomato sauce, garlic, onions, etc. Anyone got a
> tried and true to-die-for recipe? Thank you in advance, if you do!
>
> kili

Nope but here is a hint that works for me. In that the stuffing is usually
cooked I find it very helpful to blanch and shock the cut peppers before
stuffing. I also remove as much of the veins as from inside the peppers as
possible. The blanching gives the peppers a nice tender texture.

The stuffing for me, Cooked rice, ground beef or lamb or both, sautéed
onion & garlic and some parmesan cheese all moistened with a pasta sauce or
tomato sauce.

Dimitri