Sheldon

Kilikini wrote:
> Paul O'Neill wrote:
> >> My hubby wants stuffed peppers. Okay. We got the peppers, lots

of
> >> peppers! (Swap meet) What do you put in them? I did a google and
> >> ideas are rice, ground beef, tomato sauce, garlic, onions, etc.

Anyone
> >> got a tried and true to-die-for recipe? Thank you in
> >> advance, if you do! kili

> > Best Stuffed Green Peppers
> >

> > 6 green peppers
> >
> > 1 =BD to 2 pounds ground meat
> >
> > =BD cup grated onions
> >
> > 1 cup raw rice
> >
> > =BD cup finely chopped celery
> >
> > 3 eggs
> >
> > 1 teaspoon salt
> >
> > 1 teaspoon salt
> >
> > 1 tablespoon fresh-ground pepper
> >
> > =BD cup bread crumbs
> >
> > 1 cup tomato juice and milk to make quite moist
> >

> > Sauce:
> >
> > 4 cups tomato soup
> >
> > 1 cup tomato juice
> >
> > 1 can tomato sauce
> >

> > Remove tops, membranes and seeds from peppers. Mix all ingredients
> > for stuffing and fill peppers. If any mixture remains, form into 2
> > inch balls and place all in baking dish or small roaster pan.

Cover
> > with sauce. Spoon sauce over peppers during baking period. Bake 1

=BD
> > hours at 325 degrees.
> >

> > Serves 6 - 8.
> >

> > By Arlene Steelman, as printed in The Ideals Family Cookbook,

(1972)

> Recipe saved.
>
> Thanks, Paul. I'm keeping this one. Wish I would have seen your

post prior
> to me whipping together a blended rendition of everyone else's ideas.

> kili

Hmmm, the few times I tried a recipe that says to form raw rice with
raw ground meat the rice towards the middle didn't hardly cook at
all.... I hope your dental insurance premiums are up to date. That's
about the suckiest stuffed pepper recipe I've ever seen.... maybe in
your pressure cukoo....