Gal Called J.J.

One time on Usenet, "Kilikini" > said:

> My hubby wants stuffed peppers. Okay. We got the peppers, lots of peppers!
> (Swap meet) What do you put in them? I did a google and ideas are rice,
> ground beef, tomato sauce, garlic, onions, etc. Anyone got a tried and true
> to-die-for recipe? Thank you in advance, if you do!

I don't like rice in my peppers -- mine are more of a mini meatloaf
in a green pepper cup:

Stuffed Green Peppers

4 large green peppers
1 lb. ground beef
1/3 C. bread crumbs
¼ C. pickle relish
1 egg, beaten
½ C. onion, chopped OR 2 T. dried onion
Salt and Pepper
Ketchup

Cut slice from each pepper to form a cup. Clean, cook in boiling
salted water for five minutes. Drain. Combine next 7 ingredients,
mixing well with a fork. Fill peppers with this mixture. Place in
greased baking dish. Bake at 350º F. for 30 minutes. Remove and
top with ketchup, return to oven for 15 minutes. Serves 4.

Note: If you poke holes in the bottom of the pepper about half
way through cooking, much of the water from the pepper will
drain out. I like 'em better that way, YMMV...

--
J.J. in WA ~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~
"You still haven't explained why the pool is