Louise Sinks wrote:

> A few of the studies here have little to do with microwaving and more
> to do with heating. ....

<mod snip>

Generally, I agree with what you say. I would much prefer to have some
specific serious scientific study to reference directly, unfortunately
I haven't been able to put my finger on any good science on either side
of the issue.

The fact that very few studies have been done to verify that
microwaving foods is harmless seriously concerns me. Those few studies
that have been done point to frightening conclusions that seriously
concern me.

In the absence of any preponderance of scientific evidence verifying
the safety of microwaving foods, I will avoid using that cooking
methodology. It is not a method of cooking that is of absolute
necessity, nor will it be much, if any, of an inconvenience to not make
use of it.

Better safe than sorry.

TC