Curly Sue

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 15:07:52 -0600, zxcvbob >
wrote:

>I bought a packet of "Telephone" brand unflavored agar at the oriental
>market. I know it is used like gelatin for making desserts, but I don't
>know how to use it. Any ideas? Thanks.
>
>Bob

Here's one a former roommate (Japanese) used to make:

Almond Jelly
****************************
1 stick agar-agar
3 c water
1 c sugar
1/2 c evaporated milk
1/2 tsp almond extract
canned fruit with syrup

Boil water. Add agar and stir until dissolved. Stir in sugar. Through
a strainer, pour into a flat container. Add evaporated milk, stirring
constantly. When slightly cool mix in the almond extract. Refrigerate.
When it is set, cut into diamond shapes, about 3/4" on all sides.

Serve with the canned fruit.
http://users.rcn.com/sue.interport/food/almjelly.html

Sue(tm)