aem wrote:
> Ken Knecht wrote:
> > I usually mix FF refried beans

> what does FF mean?
>
> > with some browned onions, green pepper and chili powder, cumin,
> > and oregano and wrap it in a whole wheat tortilla.
> > [snip] It needs more to pep it up. I tried some lettuce but
> > it helps minimally. Any suggestions? [snip]

> For a little pep without heat, substitute Anaheim green pepper,

sliced
> in long strips, for the bell pepper. For texture, mix cooked rice in
> with the beans, or cooked corn, or both. Slice scallions 1" long,

sub
> for some of the onions or just add. For variety, use a mixture of
> refried black beans and pinto beans. For taste, given no cheese, add

> spoonful of sour cream.

FF is Fat Free. So the sour cream would have to be ff.

Personally, I don't find that sour cream enhances the flavor of Mexican
style foods much.

Salsa, a mild version for the OP preference of no heat, is a fat free
option with tomatoes that might help pep up that burrito. Another
suggestion would be to add some garlic in when browning the onions.
Other things I might add include Alfalfa sprouts, or any sprouts
(already suggested), portobella mushrooms cooked with the onions and
garlic, pickled, sliced banana peppers (unless those are considered too
spicy), a bit of chopped cilantro, or a bit of lime juice.

Heidi