Boron Elgar

Default Caviar buying, gifting and recipe resource site

On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 21:05:17 GMT, "pavane"
> wrote:

>"Boron Elgar" > wrote in message
.. .
>> You forgot to include the article about how to finance the purchase.
>>
>> I am a long time devotee of fine caviar and only wish I could indulge
>> in it with greater frequency.

>Buy either American Paddlefish or North Carolina Trout
>caviar. Do not gulp them by the spoonful (damn!) as you
>might good Beluga, but when taken with blini or crackers
>and the appropriate dairy product, chopped egg or onion
>etcetera they are remarkably decent for mere fractions of
>the cost of the real stuff. BTW had a sampling of American
>Sturgeon caviar last week, very disappointing, metallic
>undertones, fishy with little redeeming characteristics. But
>the above two are worth your investigating.
>
>pavane

I have seen neither of your recommendations, though I will keep my
eyes out. I do confess for a fondness for the real goods, though.

I know a couple who met over spoonsful of caviar. They were both
attending a party & he wandered into the kitchen, where he first saw
her sitting over a large dish of caviar, with a shell spoon in her
hand and a smile on her face. He says at that moment, he knew he had
met the woman he would marry. They have been married over 40 years.

Boron