Jim Webster

Default How mad cow disease may have gotten into your hamburger, hot dogs and pizza toppings

"Rubystars" > wrote in message
. com...
>> > note that when people have their tonsils out, these are now, in many

parts
> > of the UK if not all of it, tested for nvCJD.. The idea being that these
> > tissues are among the first parts to become infective and therefore will

> be
> > a useful marker as to the number of cases. So far none have come up
> >infected

> If they can't do anything to cure the person or prevent onset of the
> disease, then what's the point?

it is quite simple. We are monitoring a population, which is rather bigger
and probably more important than a person. If the disease is not present in
a population, then the person cannot get it. If the disease is present in a
population, then it is a risk to the individuals.
Also remember that there have been claims that millions of UK citizens will
die. When we callously refused to die and thus put a lot of lobby groups
noses out of joint. So they said actually we were just incubating it and
would all die later (which is in a way true, everyone dies later) so they
run these tests on tonsils and discover that in our brutally uncooperative
way, we aren't even incubating it.

Jim Webster