Mac

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 08:25:54 -0800,
wrote:

> The Wolf and the Viking are top on our list of ranges, along with an
> Aga. We've been working with a kitchen designer on this, but I wasn't
> aware the wolf would actually work below the 150 mark on the dials. I
> had just assumed (of course you know what that makes me ) that 150
> being the lowest mark on the oven meant that it was the lowest setting.
>
> I also did manage to finally see the Gaggenau and yes, it's much too
> small for anything I do.
>
> The Wolf and Aga ranges are nice, but I think we're leaning more
> towards a cooktop and using a seperate set of double ovens mounted in
> the cabinets away from the cooking island.
>
> Oh well -- I wish to hell someone made some affordable steam/misting
> ovens that worked
>
> -Scott

The things I like about the Wolf:
1) The convection oven
2) The high setting on the burners really puts out some heat.
3) The simmer setting on the burners is low enough to cook rice, even in a
small pan. Very few burners have this kind of range.
4) The automatic ignition has a very energetic spark, and works pretty
well.

The things I don't like
1) There are no programmable cycles for cooking. A couple of times I would
have liked to leave a loaf in the oven at bedtime, and have the oven start
up automatically a few hours later. Then again, this oven probably doesn't
have a computer or electronics at all, and that might be a benefit in
the long run. ;-)
2) There is a strange phenomenon where the burners won't stay
lit, except on high, for a couple of minutes during the oven pre-heat
phase. The repair guy told me there is nothing he can do about it. I don't
know if all Wolfs do this or not. The burners work fine once the oven gets
hot, and of course when the oven is off.

That's about it. If you get a separate range and oven you won't have to
worry about the oven/burner interaction.

--Mac