Sandi

Janet Bostwick wrote:
> "Sandi" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> snip
> No...their bread has no coconut flakes or pieces in it. Just the

flavor
> od unsweetened coconut. Mine is a little softer crumb than theirs
> was...but still ok.
> snip
> Sandi
> Did you use bread flour? That might make the crumb less soft and

more
> chewy. Or make a lean white bread--no fat.
> Janet

I use bread flour such as it is here in Honduras. Bread flour varies
widely from brand to brand and even within brands. Plus...we have bread
flour for use with yeast and bread flour for use with baking
soda/baking powder and we have all purpose flour. I used canned coconut
milk. Betty, my bread lady, makes her coconut milk from scratch. I bake
mine in a bread machine. She bakes hers in a wood fired horno (oven).
So there are a whole lot of variables going on here.

Sandi