Dutch

"Scented Nectar" > wrote in message
>> > I should correct my wording:
>> > Most people see continuing to stay alive as a need.

>> Your correction is still wrong. It's a want, not a need.
>>

>> > You can call it a want if you like.

>> It IS a want. There is no such thing as "need" the way you mean the
>> word.

> It's just a word, calm down. You know
> full well that people use the word need
> to describe what you call instrumental
> needs.

You aren't using it that way though. *If* I am going to see the 2010
Olympics, *then* I "need" to live five more years, however I do not "need"
to live five more years in any absolute sense.

> Need, for you, can be as absolute as
> you like. Others who don't have quite as
> tight an ass might use the word more
> loosely than you. Get used to it.

That doesn't make them right. Using words improperly is part and parcel of
having a poor understanding of ideas.