Scented Nectar

> > According to you Rudy, there is no need
> > to live.

> That's correct, and I'm right: you WANT to live.
> That's a legitimate want, but it doesn't become a need.

According to most living people, they need to
live. It's more than a want, if you look at it from
the viewpoint of a living person. Are you a
zombie?

> > According to anyone else, there
> > is a need to live a healthy, happy life.

> No, now you've added some modifiers. You said that
> according to me there is no "need" to live, and now
> you've added "healthy" and "happy" to it. That's
> dishonest of you. Did you think I wouldn't notice?
>
> But it doesn't really matter. You don't have a "need"
> for any particular quality of life, either; those ALSO
> are wants. You don't "need" to be healthy and happy,
> you WANT to be.

It's more than a want. In order to have a
life that's worth living, one must have
a certain amount of health and happiness.
Is this the first time you've noticed my
addition of those modifiers? I've been
using them for a while now.

> > people need air, water, food, shelter, etc.

> In order to satisfy the want to live, people
> instrumentally need air, water, food and shelter.
> There is no absolute "need" for any of those.
>
> But let's get back to the beginning: you do not "need"
> exotic imported spices for your food, you want them,
> and in order to satisfy your wants, you are willing to
> kill animals, which you claim to consider "mostly"
> wrong - i.e., whenever anyone else causes it. You are
> the most self centered and morally bankrupt person
> here. That sleazy sophist homo Ron comes close.

You are separating needs into absolute needs and
instrumental needs. I don't know why. Apparently
what I call a need, you call an instrumental need.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/