Scented Nectar

> > No one's made the conclusion that it's lack of
> > need means immorality.

> Yes, that is precisely the basis for "veganism" for a
> lot of people. It's all over the Google archives.
>
> > The immorality is
> > seen instead in the brutal conditions and the
> > killing of the animals.

> But when you feel you "need" something, you don't
> exhibit any consideration for brutality or killing.
> Animals are killed in the course of producing the food
> you eat, and because you claim you "need" food, you
> simply dismiss any moral consideration of those animals.

I, like many others are in a position of forced
complicity. To be healthy, I need a wide
variety of vegetarian foods. If more veganic
products were available, I'd switch to them.
Unfortunately there's almost none around.
I won't accept moral responsibility for
something I don't have the power to change,
like collateral deaths in crop growing.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/