Alan S

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 09:25:56 -0800, serene >
wrote:

|On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 01:58:15 -0800, Alan S wrote
|(in article >):
|
|> On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 22:34:02 -0800, serene > wrote:
|>
|> x-posts added by Al
|>
|>> Also, my partner's diabetes
|>> is well controlled, so sometimes he just eats sugar
|>
|> You picked a tough forum to say that in.
|
|*grin*
|

|> Define "well controlled" in terms of HbA1c, blood pressure, FBG,
|> Post-prandial BGs, triglycerides, LDL, HDL, and BMI. (And sometimes I just
|> eat sugar:-)
|
|His sugars hover around 90-100 -- usually in the 80s upon waking, as
|high as 120s-130s an hour after eating. His HbA1c was 5ish last time
|it was checked, I believe, and his blood pressure is normal.
|Cholesterol and everything else in the blood test was pronounced
|"within normal range". His doctor thinks he's too fat, but a little
|bit of sugar with a decent amount of protein doesn't seem to make his
|sugars spike or make him feel ooky, so he goes for it from time to
|time. That's the way life is around here; we pick our battles. We
|walk miles every day, he takes his meds, we're mostly vegetarian, and
|we eat a variety of wholesome foods every day. A little sugar once
|in a while just doesn't strike us as unreasonable in our situation.
|
|serene, non-diabetic who is getting much much healthier since hooking
|up with a conscientious diabetic

Good news, and I'm very pleased to hear it.

Unfortunately "well controlled" is a phrase often used by newbies
appearing here - and sometimes by their medics - without support.
Hence my knee-jerk response:-)

For an alternative view, read this thread on a different ng:
http://tinyurl.com/3u7ml

Cheers Alan, T2, Australia.