Derek

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 09:25:28 -0500, Serendip wrote:

> I was told (by Corning) that they probably had small scratches on them,
> and the scratches were actually the culprit, but that gently
> "disturbing" the liquid, or cooking them with a chopstick or other
> microwave safe item in it, would work.

That's interesting because the physics behind the explosion would
suggest that the scratches would act as nucleation sites and promote
the formation of bubbles, not suppress them.

In fact, the "explosion" of water is actually the formation of one big
bubble that has nowhere to go but up.

--
Derek

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each
other.