Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady

Default With Brownies....

NOTE: My Correct Address is in my signature (just remove the spaces).
On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 21:35:04 +0000, Doug Weller
> wrote:

>On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 15:21:37 GMT, JMF wrote:
>
>> "Alex Rast" > wrote in message
>>> at Fri, 14 Nov 2003 12:42:55 GMT in

>>> No, because I didn't need to use a scale for that, I had a pre-measured
>>> amount guaranteed to be 12 oz. So it really is 12 oz chocolate.

>> It's really hard to get unsweetened chocolate over here in Europe. Is there
>> someway to use, say, 70% or even 85% chocolate (e.g. by Lindt) and somehow
>> adjust the recipe?

>So what happens if you use cocoa and butter -- in this case I'd use 9 oz
>cocoa, 3 oz butter. I do this all the time with brownies since unsweetened
>chocolate isn't easily available in the UK.

Its the dreaded Cadbury Curse, innit? All that milk powder shoving
out the taste of the cocoa.

You can use the Green & Blacks dark chocolate - while it isn't all
that great for plain eating, its great in brownies.

(If a tad expensive.)

--
Davida Chazan (The Chocolate Lady)
<davida @ jdc . org . il>