Maverick

"-L." > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Have you ever been madly cooking, on top of your game - and then BAM! -
> a "flat tire" - no pepper in the grinder, just ran out of the right
> kind of vinegar, need tomato puree and all you have is diced, etc.?
>
> What's your most frustrating "flat tire"? No pepper in the grinder or
> forgetting to buy a spice I need is mine, I think. Either that or
> dumping in too much of something (herb/spice) by accident.
>
> -L.

Although I can't think of the exact specifics ATM, I do know I've attempted
new recipes that were rated "Quick! Call Pizza Hut Before They Close!" and
for some reason, the meal I prepared was flushed down the toilet. I don't
know why.

After about the 3rd or 4th time, the wife laid down the law. I get to
experiment on Saturdays and then only well before the sun goes down so that
if it turns out to be shit, we can get something take-out. Now mind you, I
live in a little town of 7k people. So our take-out options consists of
Pizza Hell or a Mom and Pop's Chinese place. One is crap and the other is
expensive.

On the plus side, I haven't made anything that made the "Quick! Call Pizza
Hut Before They Close!" rating for over six months now. I'm sure I just
screwed that record up!

Bret
(looking up the number for Pizza Hut for this weekend.)