Cindy Fuller

In article . com>,
"-L." > wrote:

> Have you ever been madly cooking, on top of your game - and then BAM! -
> a "flat tire" - no pepper in the grinder, just ran out of the right
> kind of vinegar, need tomato puree and all you have is diced, etc.?
>
> What's your most frustrating "flat tire"? No pepper in the grinder or
> forgetting to buy a spice I need is mine, I think. Either that or
> dumping in too much of something (herb/spice) by accident.
>
> -L.

Last Saturday I was making fresh (i.e., unfried) spring rolls for a
Vietnamese dinner. About halfway through, I remembered that I'd
forgotten to put the shrimp inside them. No problem--half were
vegetarian, the others contained shrimp.

One thing you learn over the years is that you NEVER let on to your
guests or SO when you've done such a thing--provided the food is still
edible. I've made the mistake of adding too much Thai curry paste to
dishes and wound up with smoke coming out my ears.

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller

Delete the obvious to email me