Karen AKA Kajikit

On 21 Feb 2005 22:52:34 -0800, "-L." > wrote:

>Have you ever been madly cooking, on top of your game - and then BAM! -
>a "flat tire" - no pepper in the grinder, just ran out of the right
>kind of vinegar, need tomato puree and all you have is diced, etc.?

I'm good at this... alas! A few weeks ago I decided to make meatloaf
for dinner. I thawed the ground beef, chopped the onion and put it in
a bowl with the seasonings... then I reached into the cupboard for the
breadcrumbs. Ooops! We didn't have any fresh or frozen bread to spare
either. I ended up mixing in a cup of raw rice and turning it into
hedgehogs, only they fell apart while I was cooking them. The actual
meal was chunky bolagnaise sauce with rice in it, served over baked
potatoes. It wasn't half bad!

~Karen aka Kajikit
Lover of fine chocolate, fun crafts, and furry felines
http://www.kajikitscorner.com
*remove 'nospam' to reply