Graeme...in London

"Brad Houser" > wrote in message

> "J.P." > wrote in message
> news:1109101816.63432fcc381560486878e92062b743f3@t eranews...
> > Nicely done! Did you find that you needed to tend the fire every 30

> minutes
> > or was your newly modified ECB able to maintain temp for reasonable

> periods
> > of time?
> >
> > J.P.
> >

> I checked up hourly for the first 3-4 hours, then when the temps got too

low
> I reloaded with new chunks, checked again for the next 2 hours and

actually
> left for the last 3, and it was done when I came back. I still had good
> heat going then, and the meat was at the right temp.
>
> Brad

Glad to see you made the mods, Brad, and you'll be better off in the long
term for doing so.

I've managed a 14 hour cook in my ECB with the minimum of fuss, and the only
real drawback with this unit is when the ambient temperature drops to near
freezing. It then becomes a battle to get the temp above 250F. Good quality
low ash lump is also a useful acquisition.

Graeme