Jonny wrote:
> What are your opinions on microwaving, steaming or boiling

vegetables?
> I am thinking about the nutritional values left and that different
> veggies react in different ways to the above processes.
> For example, I can microwave carrots in a minute or so, but it takes

> long time to steam them. What is the difference nutritionally?
> I am also aware that my cooker is on for ages in order to steam them
> and is so using lots of electricity (but that argument is for another
> forum).
> regards
> Jonny

I've dumped my microwave oven. It works by vibrating the molecules of
food at very high frequencies. That may cause significant changes to
the molecular structure of foods. That means that something that was
food may be converted to molecules of substances that are not food.
This possibility, which I don't consider to be remote, is enough to get
me back to cooking the real way, with more naturally generated
heatsources.

TC