Hunt

In article >, says...

>Another winner on sale at Sonoma Market for only $8.77
>2003 Edna Valley Syrah, Paragon Vineyard . The best $9 I've spent in quite
>awile.
>
>-Jeff

http://home.comcast.net/~jeff95476/sv/index.html

Edna Valley does some very nice "value-priced" wines. Their Chard (Paragon
Vineyard, also) is always a good buy, IMHO. They seem to have changed the
vinification a bit in the last few years (maybe a little less malolactic
fermentation), as it now exhibits more citrus and tropical flavors, than the
butter and honey of the past. You are fortunate to have access to the Syrah,
as it doesn't see much shelf space in AZ. They also do, IIRC, two Pinots,
tasted at the winery, that were very nice, but alas, we NEVER get those here.

Hunt