Johnny Mc

"JakBQuik" > wrote in message

> "Johnny Mc" > wrote in message
>

>> Okay I will up the temp, but how will I keep it from drying out at 300F?

> Johnny--
>
> Gitcha a meat thermometer. Cook that roast at 200 to 325, doesn't really
> matter, tho the higher temps will save you some time.
>
> That roast doesn't have a lot of collogen like a brisket or a Boston butt
> (it's like a tenderloin, just a tube of meat) , so it doesn't benefit so
> much from a low and slow and LONG cook. Shorter is better, sometimes.
>
> You just need to get the center to about....I'm guessing here...about 140
> for medium juicy pork. I'm sure others will have ideas concerning
> different temps.
>
> But get a thermometer. It's not the end all do all, but it helps.
>
> You might try to find Allegro marinade in your store. Takes the gamey
> twang off usually.

Thanks John in Austin,
I used the Allegro Wild Game Tame Marinade. I injected the roast and put it
in a zip-loc with marinate, removed air and marinade over night. I grilled /
smoked at about 275F for 5 hours. Threw some ribs on too ;^)>
It came out AWESOME! The best wild pig I have made yet. Another success from
my $99 grill. Oh, I used Mesquite for smoke too, but not too much.

--

I Brew My Own Damn Beer!
Johnny Mc in Beaumont

To E-mail me, get rid of the "BAD-BEER"