Danny Kewl

Thanks all for the replies, I guess I started quite a thread here! I'll try
a few of the suggestions, but maybe it's better for me to try a different
kind of bread. My problem is I live by myself, and an 8 pack of hamburger
buns, or loaf of bread for that matter, may last me a week or more. I may or
may not end up using a bun or two or bread slices every day. I don't want to
go to the store every day for fresh bread, that I'll probably waste and
waste $ also. I tried freezing bread/buns in the past, and I didn't like the
consistency when it thawed. I don't have the time to make and/or bake
bread/rolls and there will be waste there too.

I really think the preservatives they put in store bought bread are a joke.
It may preserver, but after a couple days it seems like the bread feels and
tastes like some kind cellulose.

"Danny Kewl" > wrote in message
> Why do store bought hamburger buns start getting hard crusty bottoms on

them
> after 1 or 2 days, even though the expiration date on the bag is 7 to 10
> days? I keep them sealed in the bag them come in in the kitchen. How can I
> keep them from getting tough? Sorry if this isn't the best newsgroup to

post
> this, as I realize "preserving" is more canning/jarring foods, but a

Google