Ken Vale

codie wrote:
> Im a new member to this forum and to wine making as well. Im wanting to
> create a gallon of wine with potatoes and carrots.

Ok you will likely have to do some interesting steps to use the potatoes
as they have starch and not sugar in them, you must convert the starch
to sugar first, I have no idea what you would use to do this. Remember
that fermentation will change the flavors of stuff used.

> Anyone know how to
> create a recipe using these ingredients for a gallon of wine (I.e.
> amount of acid blend, tannin, pectic enzyme)

Most additives have a recommended amount which whould be added per
galon, as different manufactures use different ingrediants for the
additives they will vary, check the amount listed on the container. To
determine the amount of acid you will have to add or subtract you will
need to buy an acid test kit and take readings.

> Also is there a web site that may give ideas on how to create a recipe
> from various ingredients?

You can try Jack Kellers website
(http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/index.asp).
Ken