Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 17 Feb 2005 05:00:27p, Bob wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Wayne replied:
>
>>> The client insisted that the only proper formula for a gin gimlet
>>> is equal parts gin and Rose's lime. I'd not had one before, so I
>>> thouogh, what the heck, I'd give it a try. Not bad, if you like sour
>>> things - a good bit of pucker power.
>>>

>> IIRC, the instructions on the bottle of Rose's Lime Juice suggest 4:1
>> or 5:1 rations for gin/vodka to lime juice. I could be wrong.

> Well, what would you EXPECT a recipe on a bottle of lime juice to say?
> If I were putting the recipe on the label of a gin bottle, I'd say that
> the proportions should be 5 parts gin to 1 part lime juice.
>
> Bob

And that's precisely what Rose's put on their bottle.

Did you read what I wrote? Rose's is a recommding a much smaller
proportion of their product to the liquor than the previous poster's 1:1
ration.

Realistically, for a manufacturer of an ingredient used in lesser
proportion, I wouldn't be surprised by a recommendtion of a higher
proportion of their product as, apparently, you think I stated.

I can't imagine drinking a Gimlet made with a 1:1 ration. GAG It would be
incredibly sweeter and probably more tart than I could drink.

Cheers,
Wayne