Tea

Default With Brownies....

"Alex Rast" > wrote in message
> at Wed, 12 Nov 2003 01:59:02 GMT in
> >, (Tea)
> wrote :
>

> >"Cate Oliver" > wrote in message
> >> Also any Organic brownie recipes....My mom's a health nut, what can I
> >> say!~Thanks
> >>

> >There, I can help you. The Joy of Cooking has a wonderful brownie
> >recipe. I would also use the Hershey's brownie recipe, only I wouls
> >substitute organic ingredients (raw sugar, for instance, as well as
> >organic eggs and milk). Try contacting your local health food store for
> >organic chocolate - Green and Black is a good brand. They probably also
> >make a cocoa.
> >

> Green and Blacks, IMHO, is a TERRIBLE brand, truly one of the worst of the
> organic chocolates. It's extremely bitter and harsh, and you can do far,
> far better from companies like Rapunzel, Chocolove, or Dagoba. I've been
> uniformly disappointed with all the organic cocoas (i.e. the powder) that
> I've tried so far, they all seem to be low-fat, tasteless substances - you
> might just as well eat dust. I've not tried Dagoba's cocoa powder yet -
> hopefully it will impress me.
>
> My recipe "Hyper-chocolatey brownie recipe" - easy to find by searching

for
> that on DejaNews, is an excellent one for organic ingredients, although
> it's not low-fat; instead, it's high-test. I recommend using Dagoba
> unsweetened chocolate for them - buy it from
http://www.chocosphere.com.

I think all the organic chocolates stink, but I have met people who like
Green and Black (although it is fair to mention that I have also met people
who ate paste as children).
'Organic' does not always mean 'better for you.' Snot is pretty organic. Poo
can be organic. Carob is organic, and anyone who thinks it tastes like
chocolate should be beaten with a lead pipe (http://www.ripeforpipe.com/).