Julie Bove

"Danny Kewl" > wrote in message
> Thanks all for the replies, I guess I started quite a thread here! I'll

try
> a few of the suggestions, but maybe it's better for me to try a different
> kind of bread. My problem is I live by myself, and an 8 pack of hamburger
> buns, or loaf of bread for that matter, may last me a week or more. I may

or
> may not end up using a bun or two or bread slices every day. I don't want

> go to the store every day for fresh bread, that I'll probably waste and
> waste $ also. I tried freezing bread/buns in the past, and I didn't like

the
> consistency when it thawed. I don't have the time to make and/or bake
> bread/rolls and there will be waste there too.
>
> I really think the preservatives they put in store bought bread are a

joke.
> It may preserver, but after a couple days it seems like the bread feels

and
> tastes like some kind cellulose.

Can you get the Baker's Inn brand of bread? They don't make buns, but they
do have several kinds of bread and it doesn't contain any trans-fats. It
tastes good and keeps for well over a week. It's got the farthest away
expiration date of any bread I've seen. I buy it because we don't eat a lot
of bread in this family. It comes wrapped in both plastic and paper. I
also find that the use of a bread box works well to preserve the bread.

As for freezing, I'm with you! It's okay for toast, but other than that, I
think the texture is funny.

--
See my webpage: