Charles Gifford

"Jonny" > wrote in message
> What are your opinions on microwaving, steaming or boiling vegetables?
> I am thinking about the nutritional values left and that different
> veggies react in different ways to the above processes.
> For example, I can microwave carrots in a minute or so, but it takes a
> long time to steam them. What is the difference nutritionally?
> I am also aware that my cooker is on for ages in order to steam them
> and is so using lots of electricity (but that argument is for another
> forum).
> regards
> Jonny

Microwaving IS steaming. Nutritionally, microwaving and cooking in a steamer
are superior to boiling. Many nutrients are discarded with the cooking water
when boiling veggies. Your carrots would be even more nutritional raw. If
your steamer is working properly, it shouldn't take more than 8 -15 minutes
depending on how you cut the carrots.

Charlie