Tea

Default With Brownies....

"Cate Oliver" > wrote in message
> Also any Organic brownie recipes....My mom's a health nut, what can I
> say!~Thanks

There, I can help you. The Joy of Cooking has a wonderful brownie recipe.
I would also use the Hershey's brownie recipe, only I wouls substitute
organic ingredients (raw sugar, for instance, as well as organic eggs and
milk). Try contacting your local health food store for organic chocolate -
Green and Black is a good brand. They probably also make a cocoa.

There isn't any reason why organic foodstuffs would need special recipes. As
you no doubt know, organic simply means grown without pesticides, and in
some cases, growth hormones. An organic food market or health food store
should have all the ingredients you'll need. If, however, you are looking
for a vegan brownie recipe, that's another matter. For a recipe that uses
substitutes for milk and eggs, I would try the Moosewood Cookbook, which has
lots of delicious vegan recipes. For those, you will probably have to
substitute tofu and soy milk for the eggs and cow milk. The rest of the
ingredients will probably be the same, but in different proportions.