Michael Odom

Default A chili link

http://whatscookingamerica.net/Histo...iliHistory.htm

I don't harbor any delusions that it's "authentic," whatever that
means. I offer it as an explanation for the red dish cooked here in
Texas. A dish that has been defined as: "detestable food passing
itself off as Mexican, sold in the U.S. from Texas to New York."

The point is that there is a dish that evolved in central Texas at a
certain time in the 1800s, a dish that was called chili. With an "i,"
not an "e." Other things evolved out of it later, and they are
sometimes called chili.

I wish they weren't.

modom

"Dallas is a rich man with a death wish in his eyes."
-- Jimmie Dale Gilmore