Richard Periut

Default recipe for mixed frozen seafood

Katra wrote:
> In article >,
> Richard Periut > wrote:
>

>>Katra wrote:

>>>Knorr makes a decent shrimp bullion cube.
>>>I've used it to cook rice for seafood.
>>>
>>>I never, ever cook rice it water; only in stock or bullion broth.
>>>
>>>K.
>>>

>>Bullion is salt, yellow coloring, processed fat, et cetera. In essence,
>>it's junk. Stick with real broth/stock or wine.
>>
>>Rich

> That's fine if you have time to make it...

You can make it ahead, and freeze it into ice cube trays and dump them
in a bag and suck out all the air.

> Personally, I don't like the way making any seafood stock stinks up the
> house. Ick!

Don't have an extractor?

> The bullion works fine for me.
>
> It's not like I eat rice very often. :-)
>
> K.

Not that I want to be a snob, but face it, you are buying salt, fat,
colorings.

But if you enjoy that; hey, go for it : )

Rich

Dum spiro, spero. (Cicero) As long as I breathe, I hope.